How to Book
Once we receive verbal confirmation for the Private Charter, we will raise a Booking Form and Deposit Invoice, which must be returned within 7 days.
No Private Charter can be confirmed until a completed and signed copy of the Booking Form indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions has been received.
By booking a Private Charter with Thames Cruises London Ltd, any person named on the Booking Form shall be considered the Hirer. You are bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Operating Company and shall be liable for all charges.
At the time of booking the Hirer must state as accurately as possible the nature of the function and expected number of guests. The Operating Company may in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason refuse to accept the Private Charter.
Bookings can only be accepted by persons over the age of 21.
The Hirer is in addition required to pay a non-refundable Deposit of the Private Charter to confirm the booking.
The Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to a different Boat or date.
Right to Release
If the Booking Form and Deposit are not received within 7 days from the date of issue, we reserve the right to offer the Boat to other interested parties.
Once we have received both a completed and signed Booking Form and Deposit payment, the Boat will be confirmed for the Private Charter.
- Piers are owned and managed by external Companies.
- All Pier slots are subject to availability.
- Once the Private Charter is confirmed, we will request the Pier slots with the Pier owners.
- No Pier slots are guaranteed until the Pier owners have confirmed back in writing.
- Once Pier slots have been confirmed, any changes made by the Hirer will incur a fee.
- If the requested Pier slots are unavailable, we will endeavour to find the nearest available.
- The Hirer and their guests will not be permitted to board the Boat more than 15-minutes prior to the embarkation time.
- Once the Boat departs, it cannot return to the Pier to collect late passengers. We will not be responsible for guests missing the boat and no refund will be offered.
- The Boat will return to the Pier 15-minutes prior to the end of the Private Charter. Passengers will have 15-minutes to finish drinks and disembark.Â All passengers must have disembarked by the end of the Private Charter.Â Passengers delaying the end of the Private Charter will incur additional hourly charges which will be billed to the Hirer.
Final Event Details
Final event details must be confirmed no less than 21 days prior to the date of the Private Charter. These include but are not limited to:
Minimum Number of Guests â€“ this is minimum number that will be charged
- A Balance invoice based on the final event details will be raised for payment and must be paid within 7 days of issue.
- If the Balance is not paid within 7 days of issue, the booking may be cancelled and the deposit will be retained as an agreed level of compensation for such cancelation. In addition, the Hirer will be liable to pay the costs of any catering, contracted artistes or attractions booked on their behalf.
- Payment of invoices can be made by bank transfer, debit or credit card.
- Credit cards will incur a 2% fee.
- Payments must be in cleared funds in our account by the due date.
- If any invoice is not paid by the dates shown, we reserve the right to charge interest on the amount due at the rate of one per cent (1%) per month until the date of payment.
- Extra guests can be added up to 7 days prior to the date of the Private Charter.
- An extras invoice will be raised accordingly and due for immediate payment.
- If the Hirer cancels the booking the Deposit in not refundable in whole or in part.
- Should the cancelation occur within 42 days of the date of the Private Charter then the Hirer will be liable to pay the balance cost of the Private Charter if the Boat cannot be re-let. In addition, the Hirer will be liable to pay the costs of any contracted artistes or attractions booked on their behalf.
- Should the cancelation occur less than 21 days before the date of the Private Charter then the Hirer will in additional be liable to pay all catering and any other costs incurred in connection to the event.
- At the time of booking, the Hirer must state in the Booking Form as accurately as possible the nature of the function and number of guests expected to attend. In the event of an under/over-statement prejudicing in the Operating Companyâ€™s reasonable opinion their ability effectively to perform the Private Charter, the Operating Company may without notice cancel the booking and the Hirer will be liable for all costs incurred.
- The Operating Company reserve the right, from time to time, to request additional deposits against damages/breakages. If in its absolute discretion, the Operating Company considers that security services are required for the Private Charter, these will be organised by the Operating Company at the Hirerâ€™s expense. No refunds can be given in respect of such expense.
- The Hirer agrees to reimburse the Operating Company for any additional expense for cleaning or repairs as a result of the use or misuse of the Boat by the Hirer or any guest, before, during or after the Private Charter, fair wear and tear excepted.
- The Hirer will be liable for any additional charges incurred during the Private Charter (including but not limited to unauthorised alcohol, delay to the end of the Private Charter, loss or damage to the Boat, equipment or furnishings, the discovery that information given about the nature of the function is in any way false, unscheduled pier stops, security call-out).
- In the event of litigation all costs will be recovered from the Hirer.
Loss or Damage
- No liability will attach to the Operating Company in respect of any loss or damage or personal injury to the Hirer or any guest or anything brought onto the Boat by any such person.
- The Hirer will be liable for all loss or damage to property upon or brought on to the Boat and for any injury to any person or thing caused or in consequence of any negligent act or omission on the part of the Hirer, its servants or agents or independent contractors and/or any guest of the Hirer, and the Hirer will keep the Operating Company indemnified in respect of any such loss, damage or injury.
- The Operating Company reserves the right to substitute another Boat and, if necessary, for reasons beyond its reasonable control, to cancel or amend the booking in any way, but the Operating Company will not in such circumstances be liable for any loss, damages or other expenses whatsoever incurred by the Hirer due to such substitution, or cancelation or amendment.
- During the Private Charter, the Boat will remain under the complete control of the Captain. If for weather, tide or any other reason whatsoever the Captain considers it necessary to vary the Private Charter in any way whatsoever, his decision will be final and the Operating Company shall be under no liability whatsoever for any such decision.
- All prices may be subject to change without notification.
- If the Hirer has any comments during the Private Charter the Captain or Boat Manager will be happy to discuss these with the Hirer at any time. Any complaints must be notified to either the Captain and/or Boat Manager at the time of the Private Charter and then re-stated in writing to the Operating Company no later than 3 working days after the Private Charter.Â Failure to comply with these requirements will relieve the Operating Company from any liability whatsoever in respect of the said complaints.
Not Permitted on-board
- Nothing shall be affixed to any part of the Boat by the Hirer or any guest by any means whatsoever without prior consent in writing to the Operating Company. Nothing should ever be used that will leave residual marks.
- The Hirer is not permitted to take on-board any beverages or food for use during the Private Charter, unless by prior written agreement of the Operating Company. All beverages and/or food brought on-board, by arrangement or otherwise, will be subject to a corkage and/or handling charge.
- Any unauthorised beverages or food will be confiscated and the Captain reserves the right to terminate the Private Charter.
- No animals or birds may be brought upon the Boat without the written permission of the Operating Company.
- Age Policy; if more than 5% of passengers are under 21, please contact the office at the time of booking for details of the under 21â€™s policy. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the Private Charter.
- The Captain reserves the right to refuse passage to any person or persons and the reasons for such refusal need not be stated.
- The following are not permitted on-board: party poppers, silly string, confetti or table confetti or similar. Dry ice, smoke or bubble machines. Lit candles, sparklers, fireworks or similar. Chewing gum. Strobe or laser lights.
Filming, Advertising and Branding
- All filming activity (and all commercial still photography) on the tidal Thames requires a filming licence from the Port of London Authority. The Hirer is responsible for attaining this prior to the Private Charter.
- Any banners or decorations need to face in-towards the boat and cannot be advertised to the public.
- During a Private Charter, photography and filming for our own use may take place.
Smoking, Behaviour, Drugs
- Smoking is permitted on designated outside deck only.
- We operate a zero-tolerance policy on drugs and towards violent and abusive behaviour on-board the Boat. Failure to comply with this policy would result in termination of the Private Charter and notification to the relevant authorities.
- We request that you inform us of special needs or disabilities at the time of booking.
- Most Boats do not have step-free access and the Piers can be very steep at certain times of the day.
- Bathrooms are not fully accessible.
- Areas of the Boat may only be accessed via stairs and no lift is available.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and any dispute or other matter arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.